• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

dragon myths

richard

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
ive spoken with several exotic vets in the past few days who have done many,many necropsies on bearded dragons young and old and have readily stated that there is NOT a definitive KINK in the intestines of juvenile bearded dragons. if anyone can produce documented proof by a certified exotic vet or herpetologist, they as well as myself would love to see it. this comes about as i have heard many statements from people saying that you should not feed superworms until a dragon reaches 16 inches or longer. HORSEHOCKEY! ive been doing it for years and never had a problem. a little common sense and APPROPRIATELY sized worm can work wonders. let me hear from you guys as i know some of you would love to pound me on this one.:D:eek:

Brett

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Ya Richard when that was mentioned i researched it also and couldnt find any hard evidence of that either. I feed my juvies supers too with no issues.

Jp

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I've heard the same thing & like u guys, never had an issue with supers. Bill has studied a couple dragons, he might know something about the anatomy.

ajandj

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
haha richard, maybe no one wants to ummm go up against the "heavy weights"

me.. i have no opinion as opinions get you in trouble.. just ask me and l'll tell you