• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

dragon color type identification help!!! Plz!

Augie the bearded dragon

Bearded Dragon Egg
I just recently got a bearded dragon and want to know what the color type or "morph?" is... Any help from someone with a little knowledge on this would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 60
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 50

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Tough to tell the morph exactly but it looks like there's a bit of gold/orange in there. Any idea what the parents were?

bee vue

Hatchling Dragon
From those 2 pictures I can say it's a normal citrus. Normal is the morph because it have black nails and it's back looks bumpy. Couldn't see the eye but I don't think it would be translucent because it have too many deep colors on it. Here the common morphs ( translucent) have clear belly when young and they have pitch black eyes with no color. (Hypo) have clear nails. (Leather backs) have smooth backs witch just means the dragon have small scales so it feels smoth. And there the last few is dunner and German giants witch I don't hear people talk about much. So color is just color.

Elemental Dragon Lord

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Dunner is a morph where thr spikes on the side and beard are different, plus they have larger feet. German giants are just larger by a few inches. Silkback or "silkies" are completely spikeless, they also need lots of attention and lotion applied due to sensitive and weak scales. Last is the Rancor dragon which only gets about half the size of an assult dragon, aka mini-dragon

Latest posts