• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Dragon cant poop

Zmajo

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hey, so my dragon was trying to poop and his bowels felt outside, so we took him to vet and he put bowels inside and gave him antibiotics, he said he was consipated and said that we should give him food for cats and dogs after surgery, its caled recovery food, and mixed it with water, and he is eating it, and drinking water, but i think he is still strugling with pooping, what do I do now. ( sorry for bad english its not my first language)

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hey, so my dragon was trying to poop and his bowels felt outside, so we took him to vet and he put bowels inside and gave him antibiotics, he said he was consipated and said that we should give him food for cats and dogs after surgery, its caled recovery food, and mixed it with water, and he is eating it, and drinking water, but i think he is still strugling with pooping, what do I do now. ( sorry for bad english its not my first language)
It sounds like your dragon prolapsed --- for now feed soft foods like baby food chicken and baby food squash sweet potato -- I would not feed cat food or dog food --- NO more insects / worms --- was it the henepenes or a complete prolapse - they can often push the henepenes out and then goes back in --- make sure your basking temps are 105-110 for a baby and 95-100 for a adult / juvie dragon taken w/ a digital probe thermometer NO stick ons -- what were you feeding before this happened -- make sure you have a good UVB NO coils --- they are NO good and this all is controlled by good basking temps and UVB ----

Latest posts