• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Draeju's tail coloration

Draeju's_world

Juvenile Dragon
Meet Draeju, my baby beardie about 6" long right now. (2 months?) I'm sure this question pops up often, but i was wondering if his tail looks normal to you guys or is it an "old shed' or "pre-shed" kind of thing? Thx
IMAG1064.jpg

Draeju's_world

Juvenile Dragon
That's what I figured. My girlfriend expressed concern about it the other day so it's good to get some assurance that this is a normal part of the shedding process. Thx again

Candybugs

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
He's about to shed . It gets waxy looking before it starts to come off. Warm baths will help it come off . I give Hef a bath and then under his light and it seems to help it separate and dry up and then it comes off. Don't pull at it if it flakes off easily you can help. Hef did one big body shed and when I put him in the bath the water filled up under the loose skin. It looked like he was wearing a water shirt. Crazy looking.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
you will also think that they look chubby like when their feet are about to go and they will budge their eyes out...nose plugs (don't pull these) ear covers (don't pull these) membranes are very thin and the nose plugs have a cartridge that they use to close their nose to submerge..

Draeju's_world

Juvenile Dragon
He shed his tail shortly after that and his body and head last week. This week his tail is turning white again so i assume he is prepairing to shed again! I guess at this age they pretty much shed constantly as theyre growing. He's grown almost 2" longer and probably doubled his weight in the 3 weeks i've had him.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Yes, when they are little they shed constantly!

Latest posts