• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Double decker blueprints

Tyler_Vance

Juvenile Dragon
Since I like projects and the one I just built has the odor still. I'm going to store that one in my garage for a while and let it air out. And I'm going to build something like this

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414898941.307712.jpg

First time using Google sketch haha.
4ft by 4ft by 2ft deep. Split in the middle to make 2 cages. One for Phoenix and one for his girlfriend that I want to get him. Then I will have the one he's in now
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414899041.659287.jpg

The top one. And the one I just built the bottom one. In my garage for me to use if I happen to get babies. Or other reptiles and start a business jk it's all for fun and experience

Tyler_Vance

Juvenile Dragon
my old lady thinks I'm crazy because I just built one. But I'm over Dealing with the silicone smell mistake I made. So I'm just gonna build 2 in one

I was thinking of creating a way to get from one to the other. Like a ramp inside or on out that I can either close off or something

Tyler_Vance

Juvenile Dragon
Welp Phoenix's cage is complete! He gets the bottom haha. His girls cage has everything minus a uvb fixture which I will get shortly next pay check and then hopefully an adult or teenager female if anyone has a recommendation on who to get her from
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414993234.021423.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414993244.074554.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414993292.090653.jpg

Tyler_Vance

Juvenile Dragon
100 on the hot side "ambient temp" 112-115 is the temp of the Rock on top (using heat gun) and 88 on the cool side. It was like 98 under the rock where he is. Do those temps sound good to everyone else?

Luvthemanimal

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Other note... If you have the heat source in tank 1 and 2 in the same location ie on the right side or something the top tank may get hotter in the basking spot....... I found this out because it happened in mine so I alternated the basking spot.....

1 right side 2 left side 3 right side.

Tyler_Vance

Juvenile Dragon
Other note... If you have the heat source in tank 1 and 2 in the same location ie on the right side or something the top tank may get hotter in the basking spot....... I found this out because it happened in mine so I alternated the basking spot.....

1 right side 2 left side 3 right side.

Oddly enough I was thinking about this last night. I will either run it on the other side or a smaller watt light on top depending on the temp. I will play around with that this weekend

Tyler_Vance

Juvenile Dragon
@Luvthemanimal what are your watts on your lights? and how big are your vivs? I just swapped the bottom basking spot to the left side to see if it helps brings the temps down,
the top is a 50w
basking:100
cool side:90
the bottom is 75w
basking:96
cool side:89

maybe switch the bulbs so the bottom is 50w? or do both 50w?

I'm sure that it isn't bugging them all that much I mean they come from a rather hot place ya?

Luvthemanimal

Bearded Dragon Veteran
All 3 have 50watt basking spot bulbs..... Size is 40Lx18Hx19D odd size but smaller than yours..... My basking spots are 115-120 the high end of the spectrum and cool side is 80-85 with night temps of 70....... Mind you my back wall is cut out for ventilation it's a 38"x6" hole..... You need more ventilation to help with your Cool side temps

Tyler_Vance

Juvenile Dragon
I will try and add more vents when I get back into town on Sunday. And go pick up a 50w bulb, is your basking ambient temp that high? Typically my basking spots have been low hundreds with the rock itself in the 110-120 range.

Latest posts