• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Does this Dragon look healthy?

dudekin

Bearded Dragon Egg
Image is here

I have been considering buying a Bearded Dragon for some time now. I will likely be purchasing one in September. I have a reptile shop local which sell them, feeder insects and everything required.

The only issue I have is the state of the dragon. To me, the dragon's eyes seem worrying. The owner had returned from a break and the light in the enclosure was off, so maybe he had just been woken up?

What are your thoughts? I don't want to buy an ill animal!

dudekin

Bearded Dragon Egg
Need a pic of the dragon and it is often found that some are ill when bought-- it depends on the husbandry of the dragon and how well it was taken care of before it was sold--- there are places on the internet about breeders and their reputations --- you can visit this forum to get names of breeders and who they recommend --- www.beardeddragon.org--- there you can get recommendations from people who have bought beardies and where -- at this point I would like to say people who buy from petstores etc... this one your talking about is not buying the dragon but more so rescuing it ----------- same w/ craigslist --- so many dragons neglected and really abused ---- :(------------- so look at it that way -- good luck and please visit that forum it has a world of info on it for first time beardie buyers and lots of people who are very experienced that can answer questions -- plus there is a vet moderator on there that can answer health questions which is what you asked about the eyes------------
kaylyn

Thanks for the response. I provided a link to an image of the dragon in the initial post. Did you see it?

SwaysMommy01

Hatchling Dragon
AFF8F8C1-EE23-4CBA-AF46-7B0B53498FC3.jpeg
Hello I took a look at the picture there’s a slight glare in the picture right over his eye so I can’t really tell and it’s like the girl that answered your question above bearded dragon. .org is very good at answering questions like yours I would check there.. also here is a picture of my little guys eye very healthy take a look and maybe u can compare next time you go back to the pet store.

Latest posts