• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Does my girl have mbd??

oxfordjrr

Bearded Dragon Egg
I got my beautiful beardie from someone a week ago and noticed she has a funny withered looking tail (see photo) I thought nothing of it but after someone suggested it may be calcium deficiency or mbd I'm really worried. Never having had a reptile before, I have nothing to compare her behaviour to except that she seems healthy enough, eats all her bugs and salad and seems alert etc. however she doesn't move about her tank all that much and makes small, careful steps when out in the house. I also measured her and she is 28 centimetres long, at a year and a half. Is that small? Thanks for all ur help xx

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    184 KB · Views: 39

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Forgive the delay in replying. I really can't say – I'm leaning towards no but – more information please. What kind of diet was she on? What kind of lighting did she have? Of course these are if you know. Have you had her checked by a vet? It's a good idea to a stab Lish a relationship with a reptile that. Take in fresh poo also. They can check for parasites. Hoping someone with more knowledge will pop in

oxfordjrr

Bearded Dragon Egg
Forgive the delay in replying. I really can't say – I'm leaning towards no but – more information please. What kind of diet was she on? What kind of lighting did she have? Of course these are if you know. Have you had her checked by a vet? It's a good idea to a stab Lish a relationship with a reptile that. Take in fresh poo also. They can check for parasites. Hoping someone with more knowledge will pop in

Hiya, from what I can gather she was mostly on locusts, morio worms and rocket and carrot. Her owners seemed a bit laid back with her set up as when I collected her she needed a new basking lamp and the tank was only heated by the Uvb which I will be replacing asap! She seems to poop normally, at same-ish time every day and has a healthy appetite. Right now I have her under a proper basking lamp at 35 degrees calcius tops. I may try and get a hold of her breeder to get some more info x

Latest posts