• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

DOES MY BEARDED DRAGON HAVE YELLOW FUNGUS?!

Krystina Supinger

Bearded Dragon Egg
B3000A15-0693-4DFE-A879-9E29B6A1CFD3.jpeg
3B73F859-5614-4A70-88E6-65059118C8C2.jpeg
Hi guys, so my beardie squirt is a year and some odd months old. Today I was feeding him his worms, and noticed some yellow on him. He has had yellow on his back side since i got him so i think thats just his patteren. But i noticed yellow on the back of his head and alil under his chin. He hasnt been acting fatigue or anything. He eats amazing, moves, always in his basking. Im freaking out, was going to take him to his vet but theyre closed!

Attachments

• 16EDE42F-ACBC-49E9-A15E-B9E408944D36.jpeg
    16EDE42F-ACBC-49E9-A15E-B9E408944D36.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 26

mamaof2dragons

Juvenile Dragon
that looks normal to me. as they age and shed sometimes there colors become more vibrant then when they were younger. but if your concerned take him to the vet for a check up.

Valerie Vitticeps

Bearded Dragon Egg
This happened to my Fiona. After bathing her, I applied Lotrimin to the yellow on her chin & belly. I mean, she had it bad! All I know is that, after a few weeks, I would bathe her & then use a gentle soft tooth brush all over. If she starts to move away, leave it alone and go back to it later. Anyway, this stuff worked. It wasn't just dead skin. I believe it was skin that had become stuck, for some reason, during her last shed. My biggest fear? The dreaded Yellow Fungus Disease! I can't tell you how relieved I was when that stuff started coming off. Some of it had kind of a waxy texture. Anyway, try that. Oh & yes. Always check with your vet. (Disclaimer Alert!)

mushu.monster

Bearded Dragon Egg
No, yellow coloration is normal. As your baby gets older he/she will shed and their colors will come out more. Also depends on their comfort level - when mine is happy she gets super bright yellow, but if she's grumpy she's dark gray. Yellow fungus looks like a rotting shed - almost like the shed has been there for too long and the flesh is starting to rot away. The name is misleading as it is not actually yellow.

Latest posts