• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Does he look healthy?

JamesHan

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi everyone

I’d just like some opinions on whether my 4 month old bearded looks healthy?

Today he’s eaten 30-40 Calci Worms already, and I’ll be going to the store to get locusts soon.

Another thing: he seems to enjoy basking under the UVB strip, but not directly under the bulb on the log. Is this anything to worry about? Obviously I don’t see him for hours every day. Just means I don’t see him gaping as he’s basking, although the temp where he’s sat now is 112°f

Just wanted to check everything’s in order really, as I’ve only got a month’s experience or so.

Thanks guys
James

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 39
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 37
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 37
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 38

JamesHan

Bearded Dragon Egg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Ps. He seems to do this a lot of the time. Is there any problem with lying down flat while basking? Or even not basking directly under the lamp the whole time?

Thanks
James

BeardedHippy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
He looks good, bright eyes, all extremeties present and correct. They flatten themselves so they can absorb more light, even though he is not under the basking lamp he is still basking but under the UV tube, soaking up UVB. My male spends 90% of his time basking under the UV

JamesHan

Bearded Dragon Egg
He looks good, bright eyes, all extremeties present and correct. They flatten themselves so they can absorb more light, even though he is not under the basking lamp he is still basking but under the UV tube, soaking up UVB. My male spends 90% of his time basking under the UV

Thank you so much, very reassuring

Latest posts