• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Does everything look okay here?

Dogstar

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello, my bearded dragon past away after having surgery for a mouth abscess. I just got a new guy who arrived in the mail yesterday. He is a hypo paradox named Kino. He has been stressed it seems since he arrived. He has stress marks and has been running around the cage like he wants to get out scratching at the glass. He did eat the same day he arrived. I did notice there is a slight buzz coming from the UVB fixture and it is slightly to the side of the basking area an not directly over head so could that be bothering him? He seems more relaxed outside his cage. I want to make sure I do everything correctly this time so can you please take a look.
Also food wise for this size dragon 10 dubia roaches 2x daily plus salads offered, does that sound right?
IMG_20200403_094714.jpg
IMG_20200403_094735.jpg
IMG_20200403_094728.jpg

Cage - 40 gallon
UVB - Reptisun 10.0 T8 - 18" florescent
Temps - basking area 105-107f measured with temp gun
Cool side - usually around 80f
Substrate - Coco fiber mat (not loose)
Food - Dubia roaches (given gutload powder to eat) and superworms (mostly eat scraps like potatoes) Salads offered daily (mixed kale,collards,dandelion,mustards, bell pepper)
Supplements - (he hasn't gotten any yet but they will be) Calcium +D3 powder for insects and multivitamin powder every 2-3 days.

Dogstar

Bearded Dragon Egg
Ok thank you. I'm not sure how to get the fixture directly over the basking area when the heat light already occupies that space. Any ideas? For the reflector, I haven't been able to find anything on amazon. Do you know what those are usually called?
His eating as been good. It was really just the glass surfing that had me concerned at this point.

Dogstar

Bearded Dragon Egg
Thank you for the website. He is a male and is 5 months old. The light is 2 months old. I have a reminder set in my calendar to replace it in Aug. I'll work on adjusting the UVB to be directly overhead.

Dogstar

Bearded Dragon Egg
Should I maybe change to a 22" T5 HO and put the hood on top of the tank instead of inside? If I am going to be buying a new hood anyway.

Melanie White

Bearded Dragon Egg
I
Hello, my bearded dragon past away after having surgery for a mouth abscess. I just got a new guy who arrived in the mail yesterday. He is a hypo paradox named Kino. He has been stressed it seems since he arrived. He has stress marks and has been running around the cage like he wants to get out scratching at the glass. He did eat the same day he arrived. I did notice there is a slight buzz coming from the UVB fixture and it is slightly to the side of the basking area an not directly over head so could that be bothering him? He seems more relaxed outside his cage. I want to make sure I do everything correctly this time so can you please take a look.
Also food wise for this size dragon 10 dubia roaches 2x daily plus salads offered, does that sound right?
View attachment 21723 View attachment 21724 View attachment 21725
Cage - 40 gallon
UVB - Reptisun 10.0 T8 - 18" florescent
Temps - basking area 105-107f measured with temp gun
Cool side - usually around 80f
Substrate - Coco fiber mat (not loose)
Food - Dubia roaches (given gutload powder to eat) and superworms (mostly eat scraps like potatoes) Salads offered daily (mixed kale,collards,dandelion,mustards, bell pepper)
Supplements - (he hasn't gotten any yet but they will be) Calcium +D3 powder for insects and multivitamin powder every 2-3 days.
In my experience, my almost 4 yr old beardie paces back and forth for 1 of 3 reasons....1: it's that time of year that his boy hormones want to sniff out a female (mine just came out of brumation so he's really hyper right now) 2: his enclosure is too hot. (Winter time I use a wood stove, so it tends to get a little too hot in my house sometimes, and his cage is close to the heat, so I use a lower heat bulb in his cage and let him out when I can) 3: He has to Poop! (Today for example.. Ruger was acting hyper, scratching all up and down his cage like he needs out, so I get him out, and within 20 minutes, decided to take a poop on the floor. Normally, I would put him in some water so he could try to poop but that will always calm him down if he needs to poop. He almost always poops when I give him a bath.) Try giving him a bath at least once a week.. more if he likes it, but not any less if he hates it bcuz he MUST take baths to stay hydrated! Good luck with Beardie #2!!

Latest posts