• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Does beardies need to have a night(heat) light?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Januarylove

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
That's basicly the question. I currently have a heat day light and will be getting uvb in a couple of days. Thanks in advance for the help!

TheVirus

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Nope they don't. As long as it doesn't dip in to the 50's in your room, your beardie will be fine. Good luck!

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
like posted above me beardies dont need night time heat as long as your room doesnt drop below 60 if it does then a ceramic heat emitter will sove the problem as it gives off no light but plenty of heat to keep your dragon warm enough...beardies should get about 14 hours of light and 10 hours of darkness

HUNTEQ

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
For me, yes, I have only a heat pad on and it goes down to 65 at night while the rest of the house is like 55.

BeardedBob

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
We also use a heat emitter to keep the heat good during the night. The ceramic heat emitter screws into a light bulb socket so it is easy to use and incorporate into your hood or shield.

They come in different intensities so deciding what you need (increased temp) would be the first step.

lunastic

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
so you can turn heat lamp off at night? That I did not know believe it or not.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Night temps can get as low as 65F. If you reach that without the heat emitter, you don't need it at night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts