• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Does Anyone Know What my Beardie' has?

lazer

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I am sorry about the images but I don't know how to make them smaller.

My Bearded Dragon sheds often. Unfortunately I over feed her. She hasn't shed in a while so I am not sure what she has. It started at the mouth and left nostril area and seems to be progressing every day. Her oral cavity is completely healthy.

She is in a 40 gallon tank that is ALWAYS clean. If she goes to the bathroom (every 2 1/2 weeks : ( ). I remove the carpet, put a new one in, and wash down everything (including her back side) from any feces.

The carpet I use has a very thin rubber backing and it has not been treated with anything.

As far as diet, objects in her tank, or any towels, NOTHING has changed since she has been here for over a year.

So here are the images:

LADY'S WHITE SKIN 001.JPG
LADY'S WHITE SKIN 002.JPG
LADY'S WHITE SKIN 003.JPG

Thank you!

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
It's SHED! It's a real good one too. I would do warm baths and rub it gently with a soft tooth brush to just help it loosen. My big girl sheds like this all the time, she's the one in my profile picture. She stopped shedding for a long time and then all the sudden she started again but it's never even. It's always something like one side of her head and a line under her neck then when that sheds she does the other side and maybe a toe, LOL!

lazer

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Oh thank you so much PatsyB. I thought a person is emailed when there is a response to their question so I apologize for the late "thank you."

I never thought she was uncomfortable when she sheds. Is spraying her every once in a while ok? Are they in pain when they shed? I have had her over 4 years and she has shed plenty but I never thought she was in pain.

I am a 55 year old man and am completely protective of her. My son brought home all types of reptiles about 4 or 5 years ago and said to me that he can't take them all back. I took a Leopard Gecko that had her tail partly bitten off and who died sadly a year later. My wife, who normally does not like pets, found the Bearded Dragon to be very endearing in the way they look at you with their heads cocked to one side so they can see you. The only regret I have is that she is in a forty gallon tank. I was going to build her a bigger enclosure but found out my cancer spread so I don't know if I will be around to finish it.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
No need to apologize. I don't think they have pain, maybe just discomfort. Some dragons get very cranky during a shed and refuse to eat. I would imagine the skin gets tight Which makes it difficult to do things. Spraying her is a good idea just as long as the humidity doesn't get too high in her tank.

Its easy to fall in love with bearded dragons. It sounds like you and your wife have given her a good home. So sorry to hear about your cancer :(

lazer

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Thank you for your kind words. I'm very worried about what's going to happen to Lady. I have her on a specific regimen from the time she wakes up until bedtime. I make sure she has a soft wash cloth to rest her head on when she sleeps. I also put soft wash cloths around her because it gives her a feeling of safety. I also put one in front of her nose because they like to bury their snouts into something before they sleep and I don't want her against a hard surface. I then put on a recording of a flowing stream to relax her that repeats until I wake her up in the morning.

Unfortunately I had to leave my wife and am currently living with my mother a half an hour away. Things are much more complicated than what I have already told you so I am concerned what's going to happen to her.

Latest posts