• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Does any one else have this problem?

CrazyLeopardGeckoLady

Juvenile Dragon
When I'm holding fox he likes to walk around on me dragging his nails and using them to grip my skin. Well this doesn't bother me at all but he always ends up cutting up my hand and arm sometimes my chest. Although I head that you can clip it I decided against it since his claws don't bother me as much anymore
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435105673.358098.jpg
(sorry for the poor picture quality)
That's from today and some from before (some are healing some are new)
I know that he doesn't mean too and I'm not mad at him at all I would just like to know if this happens to everyone

rowsley

Hatchling Dragon
I don't get cut up like that but, yeah their nails are sharp. I use stone tile as substrate, which will naturally keep their nails from getting out of control.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Welcome to the wonderful world of bearded dragons that nobody talks about LOL! What helped for my hands was I got those soft moisturizing gloves you wear overnight to keep your hands soft. I would rub coconut oil on my hands, put the gloves on and then go to sleep. After a week there were no scars! Lotion is a best friend too. Especially with all the hand washing we do and baths we give and hand sanitizer, using lotion on a regular basis helps.

This always makes me remember this girl that used to work at my Petco. Every time I went in I noticed she had tons of scratches and scars up her arms and my first thought was that she must cut herself to have so many scars. Then I got Dexter and then I realized that it was from her PETS! I felt so bad for thinking the worst. :oops:

CrazyLeopardGeckoLady

Juvenile Dragon
I always warn people before holding him that he does hand nails and that they are sharp, but he won't mean to hurt you. Sometimes it makes people not want to hold him other times they get even more interested. Same goes for people asking about them to buy one, since we don't really talk about think type of thing I try to warn people whenever I can because even though there great pets some people just don't like nails.
The scars don't bother me, I like to think of them as my beardie battle scars. [emoji4]

Latest posts