• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Do I need extra light with a che?

Heyyitssara

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello all!
I’ve had beardies before but always used heat bulbs. This time I’m trying a che. My question is, will she need an extra light to draw her to the che or will the heat draw her to it? Also, will a 60W be enough? She’s in a 40 breeder. Thanks! I attached a picture of her cuz she’s cute! She IS a rescue, I’m in the process of putting some weight on her.
8782a8c3a7b95ffa65b8c2f6ecba7cfc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heyyitssara

Bearded Dragon Egg
I have a 100 watt basking bulb for her that I was using initially, I just also got a che. It gets cold in our apartment during the night (we experimented and it got to 63-65 in the tank with the light out and no che)... but I know keeping lights on for them 24/7 isn’t healthy. I was just hoping to only have one thing I could use all around for heat. So I’ll just keep the basking light in the day and the che at night then, right?
I use the reptisun 10.0 for UVB, and my boyfriend has a heat gun for his snake that I can use.

I haven’t weighed her in a few days.... you can see her ribs pretty prominently most of the time though. Is that normal? What’s the normal weight range for a beardie of about 1.5 years?

Heyyitssara

Bearded Dragon Egg
It’s a tube light! I attached a pic of her tank. It’s a work in progress... I have some better hides than cardboard boxes coming and another hammock on its way. I basically set up what I had on short notice.
5636741e1e6196e7ea5346bb5c41e5f0.jpg