• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Do I Have To Use The Vitamins?

Elemental Dragon Lord

Bearded Dragon Veteran
You will need to pay closer attention to their diet. Feed higher calcium insects and a good vitamin full salad and you shouldnt have problems

cold blooded

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Yes...or else it will die. We can't replicate their natural diet in captivity because the feeders we have available have poor ca[emoji14]h ratios( but some are better than others)... Babies grow fast....need a good calcium and multivimin like repcal every insect, everytime. As they get older you can reduce the frequency. Don't use products with D3 in them because it's possible to hurt them by giving too much. Repcal is sold both ways. Plain calcium is what you want. The animal will expel what it doesn't need without harm. Their multivitamin is also very safe as it uses beta carotine which I understand can't hurt them in excess. Their body will naturally convert it to vitimin A as needed. Bottom line supplements are a must and if used correctly will contribute to a long and healthy life for your animal.

Vennixkizzy

Bearded Dragon Egg
Yes...or else it will die. We can't replicate their natural diet in captivity because the feeders we have available have poor ca[emoji14]h ratios( but some are better than others)... Babies grow fast....need a good calcium and multivimin like repcal every insect, everytime. As they get older you can reduce the frequency. Don't use products with D3 in them because it's possible to hurt them by giving too much. Repcal is sold both ways. Plain calcium is what you want. The animal will expel what it doesn't need without harm. Their multivitamin is also very safe as it uses beta carotine which I understand can't hurt them in excess. Their body will naturally convert it to vitimin A as needed. Bottom line supplements are a must and if used correctly will contribute to a long and healthy life for your animal.
When Do I Use It Though ..? Like by week or everyday ..?

cold blooded

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
It depends on the age of the animal. Everyone seems to have an opinion on exactly how much. I base my recommendations on the book "The bearded Dragon Manual" which is a great book if you haven't read it. There's a section written by Susan Donghae VMD. In summary she recommends

--up to 2 months: daily supplements for juveniles dust bugs.

--2 to 4 month: every other day dust bugs

--4 month to adult. Dust bugs every 3rd day.
Light dusting of suplements to salad daily.

I hope that helps you. Remember use a 50/50 mix of the multi vitamin and calcium.

Also good idea to find a reputable reptile vet in your area and do annual exams. They can run a blood test if needed to check their ca blood levels just for reassurance that they are getting enough.

Vennixkizzy

Bearded Dragon Egg
It depends on the age of the animal. Everyone seems to have an opinion on exactly how much. I base my recommendations on the book "The bearded Dragon Manual" which is a great book if you haven't read it. There's a section written by Susan Donghae VMD. In summary she recommends

--up to 2 months: daily supplements for juveniles dust bugs.

--2 to 4 month: every other day dust bugs

--4 month to adult. Dust bugs every 3rd day.
Light dusting of suplements to salad daily.

I hope that helps you. Remember use a 50/50 mix of the multi vitamin and calcium.

Also good idea to find a reputable reptile vet in your area and do annual exams. They can run a blood test if needed to check their ca blood levels just for reassurance that they are getting enough.
So I should put the calcium with the multivitamins ?

cody

Hatchling Dragon
Idk.. In the wild their not getting endless calcium covered crickets and dubais and fresh salad handed to them in a silver bowl. I haven't used vitamins yet but I guess I'll get some

Latest posts