• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

DIY tile in 55g

Renae_nae

Hatchling Dragon
Ok, I'm not the biggest "DIY" person but I'm so tired of sand and I want something that will look nice and be easy to clean. I really want to do tile but I don't have a tile cutter and not sure going through all that hassle will be worth it when I want to custom build her a tank in a few months-year depending on when I get some extra cash.

Any ideas, tips?

Em Lynch

Juvenile Dragon
I used vinyl flooring for a little while! you can buy it in different effects to look like tile :) it was effective and easy to clean when i used it but my piece wasn't quite the right size for my viv so the crickets kept hiding under it >.< its very cheap and you can buy it most hardware stores :)

HerdOfTortoi

Bearded Dragon Egg
I use slate tile, and had it cut at the hardware store for me (Lowes). It has worked unbelievably well. NO risk of impaction, and because it is slate it keeps his nails really short and trim all on its own. He always poops during a soak, so the combination makes his habitat super safe and super clean. I recommend it!! For my tank it was under $15.

Pat B

Super Moderator
I use slate tile, and had it cut at the hardware store for me (Lowes). It has worked unbelievably well. NO risk of impaction, and because it is slate it keeps his nails really short and trim all on its own. He always poops during a soak, so the combination makes his habitat super safe and super clean. I recommend it!! For my tank it was under $15.
I just bought some slate tile for my tank and I like the look it gives, however, it gets hot! My tank is only a 20 gal right now bec Spike is still small. Do you have problems with heat on the tile? Now I am thinking shelf liner....it is cheap and looks better than paper towels....

Pat B

Super Moderator
my tank is smaller for the time being. I think when i move him to a 40 gal i will use the tile as the uvb bulb will be higher....thanks for your answer

Latest posts