• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

DIY Enclosure from Projection TV

Andry

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
We decided to take the freebie on the curb down the street from our house to make it into an enclosure. The sliding tracks should be in today, so we should be finishing it up this weekend. Although, I didn't get the plexi-glass cut to the right measurements, so now I'm not sure if I can cut it myself or have to take it back to the store to get it cut.

Here is the work in progress...
998216445_v5eXd-M.jpg

998216750_N8aK5-M.jpg

My boys telling me exactly how they want it done...
998216900_eX3d2-M.jpg

998216965_Rfp3p-M.jpg

998217446_CmPYD-M.jpg

998217407_iDAC8-M.jpg

998217482_mKi5v-M.jpg

1001944409_KE85X-M.jpg

Of course, this was before we got our second bearded dragon. My husband is actually almost finished making the cabinet doors on the bottom and now I'm suggesting we make the bottom portion a separate enclosure for the second dragon. It's certainly big enough. The whole thing would be a rolling tank. It should turn out pretty cool. Can't wait.

Only problem is, I decided I wanted more color on the grout but I have already sealed it with a water based acrylic grout sealer and now I can't paint it. :-( But oh well...

Andry

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I know the top bunk is really tall. Any suggestions on how to install the lights into this tank? I have a 28 inch tube fixture and don't really have anything yet for my halogen floodlights. But I can assure you they don't need to be too close to be hot enough. Right now they are over a foot away and they are still giving temps of 110. So, can I just hang them from the ceiling?

Would it be okay to switch the dragons from their bunks once in a while or should they stick to their own bunk for ever?

beardie_love

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hmm, that is an interesting way to make an enclosure! Neat!

For the tube fixture, I'm not too sure how to install it (never done it myself). But one idea for the floodlights, is to use a dome fixture, and staple the cord to the top. The dome will just hang down.

As for switching the dragons, it could be a problem with constantly moving. Your dragons may get the 'relocation' stress. But this all depends on you and how well your dragon handles moving. I have switched my dragons, to see what type of 'design' they like, since each enclosure is different. I didn't have a problem with mine. But each dragon is different.

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
OMG that is so cool. My sister has an old TV that is broke and sitting in her garage for 3 years now (she says she is going to fix it but she has since gotten a much better TV). I just may have to take the TV. Do you mind if I use your idea?

Andry

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Of course not! I actually since got a second free TV given away on Craigslist to make another enclosure for our snake. Except this one stinks really bad like it's been a garage with rodents too long. So, I may not be able to get the stench to go away. I have had it sitting in the sun for several days now. It's better but not completely gone.

Latest posts