• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

DIY Enclosure Advice

spikebocloud

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I’m looking to build an enclosure for my beardie and I’m looking for some advice and do’s and dont’s. What I’m going for is the 3 wood sides and sliding glass doors on the front- if that makes sense. What do you use to get the doors sliding, and what should I use for the bottom to make it mold/water proof (I plan to use loose dirt-ish substrate, although, it might not be permanent.)? Also, if I should lean towards a certain type of wood? Any and all advice is appreciated :)

Hadenuffyet

Juvenile Dragon
I’m looking to build an enclosure for my beardie and I’m looking for some advice and do’s and dont’s. What I’m going for is the 3 wood sides and sliding glass doors on the front- if that makes sense. What do you use to get the doors sliding, and what should I use for the bottom to make it mold/water proof (I plan to use loose dirt-ish substrate, although, it might not be permanent.)? Also, if I should lean towards a certain type of wood? Any and all advice is appreciated :)
I’m almost done converting an old armoir into an enclosure. I got some plastic runners for sliding glass. 48 inches and cut them down. They work good but I bought glass with sharp edges and had to sand them down. I put in ceramic tiles on the bottom so no advice on a liner for moist substrate.

spikebocloud

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I’m almost done converting an old armoir into an enclosure. I got some plastic runners for sliding glass. 48 inches and cut them down. They work good but I bought glass with sharp edges and had to sand them down. I put in ceramic tiles on the bottom so no advice on a liner for moist substrate.
Okay, thank you!

spambortner

Hatchling Dragon
I’m looking to build an enclosure for my beardie and I’m looking for some advice and do’s and dont’s. What I’m going for is the 3 wood sides and sliding glass doors on the front- if that makes sense. What do you use to get the doors sliding, and what should I use for the bottom to make it mold/water proof (I plan to use loose dirt-ish substrate, although, it might not be permanent.)? Also, if I should lean towards a certain type of wood? Any and all advice is appreciate
You can also use coroplast to build a substrate tray, same as a c&c cage base. Silicon to seal the corners on the inside and around the top edges. You can get whites from a hardware store as twin wall or coroplast. Many different colors from a sign store or from the guineapigcagestore.

download (2).jpg

Latest posts