1. Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Discussion in 'Bearded Dragon Enclosures' started by petcrazy16, Feb 9, 2020.

1. petcrazy16

petcrazy16 Hatchling Dragon 3 Year Member

what should the distance be from the heat bulb to my dragon I thought it was around 10 to 12in but others say 8 to 10in which is right
  2. kaylynangel

kaylynangel Bearded Dragon Veteran 1,000+ Post Club

It depends on what your using for a basing decor piece - you dont want some thing like a rock or stone that heats up to hot for him to sit on --- basking temps should be not by distance but temps - I mean you cant have a basking spot that sits any closer than 6 inches --- you dont want the dragon to get burned - so w / a basking bulb you want a bright white bulb thats gonna give you a basking temp of 95-110 for a adult and 105-110 for a baby they like it warmer -- so I recommend a piece of decor that sits under your basking light that will give gradient heat - they can pick the spot that is hotter if they want down to a cooler temp say 95 or so --- resin pieces from Pet Smart give just that --- something like this
    https://s7d2.scene7.com/is/image/PetSmart/5290971 --- this piece is great cuz you can lay it in different positions for use --- look for the All Living Things piece same one but now its under Thrive - the All Living things piece is made out of the resin material ------ its best to have the basking bulb on top of screen and not in the tank --- to much risk for the dragon to get burned
  3. petcrazy16

petcrazy16 Hatchling Dragon 3 Year Member

my senser reads 39.7 under the heat bulb he his on slate tiles for basking

Attached Files: