• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Disintegrated light

misskatie

Juvenile Dragon
Soooo here's a story for all of you. I was going to feed zuri some dubia roaches went to take off the light on their setup noticed it was cold. Took it off started unscrewing the bulb from the base and I could hear the tiny parts that got stuck grinding. I was like oh jeez this is gonna be an adventure. So once I got the bulb out the bulb base was completely separate from the metal base....yikes!!! The brand is flukers I ordered it off amazon late January of this year and it's not like it was used everyday because now that it's summer it's a lot easier to regulate her temperatures without needing the heat emitter on all the time. This is what it looks like
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1405377983.143216.jpg
I couldn't find any warranty information on the box or the amazon receipt so I emailed flukers and asked about it. Anyone else dealt with this...curious to know

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Wow. I haven't seen that before! Did it just melt itself apart? Crazy!
Be sure to let us know what Fluker's says. I have a ZooMed one that looks just like that but has been in use for years with no problems!

misskatie

Juvenile Dragon
I honestly have no idea....it was perfectly fine last night and I didn't hear any popping or anything....mind blown!!

jarich

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Most of these things are made cheaply in China, or some other country with not particularly strict codes, so its not surprising that problems with production arise. Ive had one that burned out the second I turned it on, and one that cratered after about a month. Its also a very good example of why these should always be attached to thermostats too. They can get crazy hot, especially when faulty, so keeping it plugged in through a thermostat will help you be assured that you wont burn the house down.

Latest posts