• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Disgusting

Sarz_Puff

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Went into the local pet shop this morning and was asked t hold one of the pretty big beardies as the guy was doin somethin. So i was like ye ok, but when i had him in my hand he wasnt so big i mean hes at least a year and a half and horribly skinny. His eyes are also nearly closed prob cuz of the sunglo in the viv and nowhere to hide. I tried buying him but they refused t sell him cuz hes "part of a mating pair". Tried ringin d ISPCA but nothin. Why do pet shops treat animals so poorly. I cant see how any1 cud think the poor beardie was healthy in any way.

beardie_love

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
It is just horrible what pet stores do. ..or don't do. I've ran into the case where a tiiiiny baby beardie was in critical condition, at the pet store. I was able to take him/her though, but he died that day. I refuse to support purchases of live animals in pet stores (more leaning into the reptiles). I'm sorry that you had to see that. It is such a horrible feeling, and just sad.

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yeah the care of reptiles here also sucks.....

No heat, 5.0 UVB if at all.
Lots of babies in the tank together.
Feeding mealies as staples OMG what are they thinking.
And the bigger ones all look sleepy / are hiding and they are all this gross GREY colour.

But no use trying to educate the people that work there, they think you're nosy and they know best.

Horrible and terribly sad I agree, there should be something like a reptile SPCA

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
It is just how they are. Many of us on here have posted a pet shop rant. All you can do is talk to them and try to get them to fix it...one thing to say is if they are healthier they will breed more. If you dangle the idea of more money in their face they may be willing to change things.

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
If you dangle the idea of more money in their face they may be willing to change things.

000201DD.gif
Thats an idea.....

Latest posts