• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Discontinuing the ReptiSun tube bulbs

I_Love_George

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
I heard from 3 different places that ReptiSun will be discontinuing the long tube bulb. From my understanding, they are really no more effective or better then the compact form. Heard from the local petstores in my general area...Just giving a heads up they won't be making many more of those long tube ones...

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hmm....I have not heard this and will research it a bit. I'd be leery of pet store advice. Compacts have been known to cause issues with bearded dragon's eyes.

I_Love_George

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Renee said:
Hmm....I have not heard this and will research it a bit. I'd be leery of pet store advice. Compacts have been known to cause issues with bearded dragon's eyes.

It wasn't a Petsmart or anything else like that. One of them is Oceans and Seas located in Roseville, Mi the other is called Reptile something it's located in Eastpointe, Mi...The other is Louie's Petshop voted best in Michigan which is a sister store to Oceans and Seas (Grosse Pointe, Mi). I'm at home bored a lot so I decided to call around to make sure I wasn't being told the wrong thing. All 3 told me the same thing, ReptiSun will not be making anymore ReptiSun 10.0 in a tube form. As far as lighting, what I did was put a piece of wire screening underneath it and it seems to be working fine. Not saying that the tube form isn't a good one, but really ever since I got my compact, George has thrived. But to be honest, I've been to quite a few private pet shops (I will attest for the level of care they show their animals) and have yet to see anyone use a tube form bulb. I use two lamps, the ReptiSun and a regular heat lamp. Maybe it does cause eye issues, but that could be an individual basis. Just like peanuts can cause allergic reactions in some people, doesn't mean that it will for everyone...Besides, I never understood the long bulb. I could never keep any side of the tank cool enough for George with one. Now that I got the compact version, I can make a nice, toasty side for her then the other side is cooler.

Debbe

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Right now they are on sale at my local, the entire set up is 27.99. We bought 3 extra. Never know!?

Fliehigh

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Ok So here is the offical word from Zoo-Med:

Chad,

The ReptiSun® T8 Lamps are not discontinued! The ReptiSun® T12 sized lamps are no longer available.

Thank you,

Andrew Quinn
Education Coordinator/ National Sales Assistant
Zoo Med Labs, Inc.
3650 Sacramento Dr.
San Luis Obispo, CA 93401
Phone: (805) 542-9988 ext. 117
Fax: (805) 542-9295
Cell: (805) 704-3532
email: [email protected]
Get Serious, Get ZOO MED!

To: Zoomed-at-zoomed-dot-com
Subject: Customer Service Request "ReptiSun Florescent Tubes"

Good afternoon

There is a rumor circulating about Zoo-Med discontinuing the ReptiSun Florescent Tubes. Is this correct or is it just the T12 tubes?

Thank you

Chad

Fliehigh

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
No Problem Guys/Gals.

It scared the heck out of me as well when I heard that so I went to the Zoo-Med site and then asked for clarification.

Fliehigh

Latest posts