• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Discolored Spots on Beardie's Back

Micha

Bearded Dragon Egg
My bearded dragon, Bobby had been acting strange, mostly I was just concerned because he was pooping everyday (varying from diarrhea to semi solid with some excess liquid)

The day this photo was taken he went to the vet and nothing abnormal was present. I'm waiting on word back from his stool sample, but I was wondering if I should be more worried about these spots. Bobby has been acting normal since his vet visit (it's been 3 days) and I haven't seen the spots since, no matter what color he gets. They were only there for about 10-20 minutes and I've never seen any discolored spots like this before, other than during shedding which is more grey than yellow.

I've looked into yellow fungus disease, and it doesn't seem likely, but if there's no other possible explanation, I'll get him looked at again. Is there anything in particular I should watch for?

Thank you in advance!

20210326_120402.jpg

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
My bearded dragon, Bobby had been acting strange, mostly I was just concerned because he was pooping everyday (varying from diarrhea to semi solid with some excess liquid)

The day this photo was taken he went to the vet and nothing abnormal was present. I'm waiting on word back from his stool sample, but I was wondering if I should be more worried about these spots. Bobby has been acting normal since his vet visit (it's been 3 days) and I haven't seen the spots since, no matter what color he gets. They were only there for about 10-20 minutes and I've never seen any discolored spots like this before, other than during shedding which is more grey than yellow.

I've looked into yellow fungus disease, and it doesn't seem likely, but if there's no other possible explanation, I'll get him looked at again. Is there anything in particular I should watch for?

Thank you in advance!

View attachment 26542
It could be some shed that was starting or going to start -- they will get light colored in spots for shed-- if it has gone away and not present now I wouldnt worry about it - the coloring has returned to normal? YF is scaly looking and grows and spreads -- look up some pic on google--- it is some nasty stuff --

Micha

Bearded Dragon Egg
It could be some shed that was starting or going to start -- they will get light colored in spots for shed-- if it has gone away and not present now I wouldnt worry about it - the coloring has returned to normal? YF is scaly looking and grows and spreads -- look up some pic on google--- it is some nasty stuff --
Yes it was the first time I'd seen it, it only lasted about 10 minutes (I was cleaning his viv and it was gone by the time I finished) and I haven't seen the spots since. I didn't think YF was the case based on the pics and Google explanation, but I didn't know what else it could be, because his shed (or pre shed) has never been that color.

I suppose you're right though, if nothing else changes this might just be an odd fluck that's nothing to worry about.

Latest posts