• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Discoloration bear shoulder/neck area?

JuliaAndGobi1208

Bearded Dragon Egg
I just noticed a little bit of a yellow patch near my Gobi’s neck, immediately I thought of yellow fungus but it doesn’t appear to be painful when I touch it. It’s on both of his shoulders and I really need to know if I should take him to the exotic vets office. Or even an answer from someone on here. Pictures are attached to see what I’m taking about.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 13

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I just noticed a little bit of a yellow patch near my Gobi’s neck, immediately I thought of yellow fungus but it doesn’t appear to be painful when I touch it. It’s on both of his shoulders and I really need to know if I should take him to the exotic vets office. Or even an answer from someone on here. Pictures are attached to see what I’m taking about.
Thats coloring --- possible shed --

cosmoni

Bearded Dragon Egg
Doesn't look too much like yellow fungus, but if you're unsure it's never bad to take a trip to the vet. It's probably just shed preparation though. Many beardies get yellow coloring under their scales when they shed. My girl has the same thing on her tail and arms and she's shedding. It might just be your camera, but his other scales look sort of shed-ish too.

JuliaAndGobi1208

Bearded Dragon Egg
Doesn't look too much like yellow fungus, but if you're unsure it's never bad to take a trip to the vet. It's probably just shed preparation though. Many beardies get yellow coloring under their scales when they shed. My girl has the same thing on her tail and arms and she's shedding. It might just be your camera, but his other scales look sort of shed-ish too.
Thanks! I didn’t know yellow spots could be due to shedding... I probably should’ve included that he’s in the middle of shedding on his legs and tail.

Latest posts