• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Dirty feet and tails.

Cotter81

Bearded Dragon Egg
The two beardies that I recently bought did not have the best kept enclosures. The guy had no kind of substrate put down and didn't look like he tried to clean it all that much. When I got my new babies their toes and tails are a lot darker than the rest of them, I am assuming that this is because of thier enclosure not being kept clean? I am currently using newspaper until I can get a new bottom put on the enclosure, could this also be causing the tails and feet be almost black or very dirty looking? I change the paper whenever they leave little surprises for me but still worried about the color of the tail and feet. My final concern is what thier poop should normally look like. When I first got them it was orange and runny, still a little runny now but green and white like what bird poop looks like. Is this normal?

On a good note both are seemingly doing well, thier body colors are brighter then when I got them and they are on a regular food schedule. Once a week I make sure to mist them and this coming Sunday they will have thier first bath. Can't wait to see what they think about that.