• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

dirty beardie

Exile Skimmer

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
my beardie likes to use the bathroom and then i guess drag her tail threw it so it is on her tail and i cant get it off of her. . . when i give her baths i have used a clean tooth brush to try and brush it off but it is on there like it is under her scales. . . has anybody had this happen before or know a way to get it off

P

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Mine does it all the time, i try to get to her as soon as possible after a poop and wipe with a wet cloth.
One trick is to let them soak the tail long, and right at the end of bathtime scrub the atea, the soaking loosens some of the dirt.....

Once i wasnt home and it dried on her tail, used a soft toothbrush and pure baby soap after a 15 min soak and scrubbed gently. Just make sure he cant or actually doesnt drink the water with the soap. Rinse it off well. It doesnt always get everything off but it does help and smells nice too

P

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Whatever does not come off in the tub will do when they shed.....at least after a soak and a scrub its "clean" poopie LOL

Latest posts