• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Dino is awake!

Ozzie&Dino

Juvenile Dragon
I checked on him this evening and he was not in his hammock like he has been for almost a month and his eyes were open so I uncovered him and turned his lights on and 30 min later I went back in to check on him and he was sitting up basking so I gave him droplets of water from my finger and he drank so I put some large Dubia in and some butter worms and he ate them ......WAHOOOO I have so missed my big man! I weighed him and he has not lost a gram while sleeping. He is just in time for the Repticon next Month for yummy feeders....I have the biggest smile on my face......I am wondering now what he will think of Keena when he sees shes in a habitat right next to him...He is just as friendly as when he went to sleep :)

Pat B

Super Moderator
Yay Dino!! I know you are so happy that he decided to wake up and I know it is a relief! At least he only went down for a month! Spike is like a different beardie since he woke up. He glass dances all afternoon....literally. He never did that before brumation. He poops out about 4 pm and sleeps until 7 the next morning. He eats like a pig and still will have absolutely nothing to do with greens, veggies etc. Today I did 'tough love' and only gave him kale....didn't touch it so he went hungry. He will devour his crix tomorrow!

Ozzie&Dino

Juvenile Dragon
005Dino4.2012.jpg
Thanks Pat! I am for sure on a cloud....I just look at him and I melt. I gave him a warm bath this morning and he was swimming and drinking water. Here is a picture I took after he was basking from his bath.

Ozzie&Dino

Juvenile Dragon
Thanks Germ. He is trying to go back to sleep :( But I cannot let him because he has ate some feeders so what do I do? He went back under his hammock so I took it out.

Pat B

Super Moderator
He definitely is beautiful. Sounds like he marches to the beat of his own drum!! Get him to poop and let him do what he wants. Spike went back to sleep. He was awake for about 10 days....he wasn't too happy so I let him go 'do his thing!'

Latest posts