• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

digging?

sgt. amoth

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Brought her to the herp vet of my area, It could be egg retention, they're keeping her for observation and maybe some radiographs. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

sgt. amoth

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Just got a call from the veterinary clinic, apparently it's not egg retention, they are going for blood tests to figure out what's what.

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hold strong, love... we are right there beside you in a manner of speaking !
Janie

sgt. amoth

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Well, after 12 days under the care of the vet, after radiographs, blood tests and forced feeding, she died a couple of hours ago after a 2h surgery, she had an infection/rotting tissues on the oviducts, everything went well but she didn't survive the operation

RIP :-[

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Oh Honey ! *big hugs*
I am so sorry to hear this...
Let memories of days past lighten your heart in the future to come.
Janie

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
So sorry to hear about your loss. Strongs

Eventually the pain will fade, remember, were all here for you.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I am so sorry to hear about this. You are in our thoughts....

Vesta

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I am really sorry to hear that!! You did everything you could for her!! You have no regrets there!! :'( I will be thinking about you today and your loss.

li

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I am really sorry to hear that this was the outcome. Do they know exactly what caused this. Could it have been egg retention that really went bad, or a virus?

sgt. amoth

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Apparently "something" went wrong in the oviduct and it caused an infection/rotting tissues, I'll bring back all the radiographs in a couple of days and maybe share them If I my scanner works. You can't really see an egg, she laid everything, but there was some kind of abnormal black stain. After many days of antibiotics the vet was still a little worried about that stain and the general behaviour of my beardie (partial lethargy, no appetite, weight loss) and made a lot of testing and more radiographs with a marking fluid to figure out if It was somewhere in her digestive system, but it wasn't. He asked me if he could try a laparotomy, I said yes. After the Laparotomy he finally found that the black stain was what he thought: rotting tissues/infection on her oviducts, so he started a 2h surgery to remove, clean and disinfect but she didn't survive the surgery.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thank you so much for sharing your info. We can all learn from these experiences.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hmm...do the actions seem the same as the other dragon? Dragons do dig on occasion.

sgt. amoth

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
She started to do that again but it's serious now, I put a laybox in the tank but she simply doesn't care. She spent her day digging and digging again and she's starting to loose weight and I can feel something different in her belly, I hope this story is going to end well...

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Oh my. Yes, I hope she can lay her eggs with ease. Keeping fingers crossed that all goes well.

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
If she's not interested in the laybox inside her enclosure, then the only alternative would be to have a laybox outside of it that you can put her in for a whole day, if necessary.

sgt. amoth

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I made her some kind of cave inside the viv with rocks and stones and she liked that. She laid her eggs yesterday afternoon and she looks fine, a bit skinny but she ate well.

Latest posts