• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Different Lights

sandfire9

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I Have questions about using in summer a basking light and on winter a UVB/A will that still be enough? I haven't had time this weekend. Snd my dad refuses to let me buy it. Will this affect him badly?? :-[ :'(

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Bearded dragons should have UVB lighting year round. It is essential for them to process their food and create vitamin D. Depending on the UVB you have, it should be replaced about every 6 months. Repti-Sun 10.0 is the best on the market. I am finding out that this bulb appears to be offered in the States. Also, make sure it is a tube if you florescent and not the coil. Coil damage bearded dragon's eyes and more. Here's a link:

UVB Lighting

As far as basking light, it is all about temperatures. You should have a cool side and a hot side. The hot side should be around 100 - 105F and the cool side should be around 85F. Temps should not go below 65F at night. This holds true for summer and winter. Keep in mind that bearded dragons are desert animals and do not have a winter and summer.

Also, what you use to measure the temps is very critical. The stick on thermometers are usually around 20 degrees off. A digital probe thermometer is cheap and pretty accurate.

Latest posts