• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Different kinds of bearded dragons?

valkryja

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
I've seen terms like "German Giant," "Sandfire," "Tiger stripes," etc. thrown around while browsing these forums. :p Do these pertain only to the coloring of dragons, or are they actually different breeds? How can you tell which is which, and what kinds are there?

valkryja

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Bump? I'm really curious about this. :p I wanna see what kind Wrex is.

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Some of those names are nothing more than a breeder attempting to "brighten" a sell.
Others such as the Giants, and the sandfires are actual morphs that have proven themselves through generations of off spring with certain attributes.

The only way to "know" what morph your Wrex is, is to know the genealogy line he comes from.
For instance... I have a "citrus" yellow phase dragon, that comes from several generations of those "Citrus" parents. I have one that is a yellow/red cross; a third that is a sunfire/red cross, and a fourth that has a citrus line as well...

Hope this clears up any questions.
Janie

valkryja

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Oh, ok. That makes sense! Wrex was a pet shop baby, so I suppose I wouldn't be able to find out what type he is. Oh well!

Latest posts