• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Different Beardie Kinds?

beardie_love

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Is there a way to tell what kind of beardie you have just by looking at it? (ex. sandfire, citrus, etc.) Because I would really like to know what kind my babies are!

egg 80

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
if i was you post up a pic and ask one of the reident breeders if they can help you out with the morph of your dragon im sure they will be willing to help you out
paul ;D

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
See, now there is a small problem with this... Yes if you post a photo, we can take a "guess". That's all we can do. To know for sure, you would need to know the genetic background of this dragon, from the breeder. Even then, some breeders create "bling" names for a better sales strategy.
So, we can take our best guess, but we'd never know for certain, without that information from the actual breeder.
Hope this helps !
Janie

beardie_love

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I know that it won't be certain of what they are, but a guess is better than nothing lol!!

Here they are:

DSC01984.jpg

DSC01985.jpg

DSC01982.jpg

DSC01980.jpg

Though, some girl came up to me when I was in a reptile store and she asked me if they were sandfires! So apparently they look like sandfires? :p

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Looks to be red morphs... I'm not seeing the taletell markings of a sunfire though... Might just be the angle of the photos...
Janie

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Its near impossible to determine what "morph" your dragons are as it is very subjective in terms of what breeders call what they are producing.

Yours do seem to have some dark orange/red undertones but thats about as far as you can get

beardie_love

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
crypticdragons said:
Its near impossible to determine what "morph" your dragons are as it is very subjective in terms of what breeders call what they are producing.

I understand, but the closest thing that they look like works for me! Guessing won't hurt, even though it's not 100% :p

penhryn

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hello! They to me look like pygmy bearded dragons. I have 2 of these and are of similar colour. Did you find out how big they grow?

beardie_love

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Oh! I've never heard of pygmy beardies. Hmm! That being said, I'm not sure how big they grow... but I assume most bearded dragons grow of similar size? I'm no expert lol :p You should post some pics of your dragons!

Latest posts