• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

thedickchuck

Bearded Dragon Egg
48F374F4-3771-4A24-AB4A-2F9B831ABB3F.jpeg
D0756E5F-6EE1-4535-9F8C-15B4788BC812.jpeg
Hey so this is Athena. She’s approx two years old. She shat all over my couch, where I sleep. I used the “Fluker organic cage cleaner” after wiping most of the mess away and then used hot water and dish soap. I sprayed febreze inliquid form all over to remove smell. I still smell it.
1. how do I remove the smell without throwing out whole couch.
2. As you see she had diarrhea. This is slightly concerning because she’s never done this before. She recently got a new basking light with her uv light moved with it (dual repti zoo lamp) and her basking spot is around 95 F. She was really active during this time, running up and down the tank which signaled to me she wanted out. She was running around jumping everywhere so I left her run off and she did that. I know once is keep an eye but twice is action. What should I do? She’s been refusing greens most days and she loves greens. She really only wants crickets and supers. She’s not acting lethargic but had been before I upgraded her lamp for a better temp. Idk if she did this out of spite or what. She had leftover collard greens and bell pepper in the tank she ate while I was at work but didn’t eat when I gave her them the night prior. She at the supers just fine. She’s very alert and doesn’t seem sick.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
View attachment 23490View attachment 23491Hey so this is Athena. She’s approx two years old. She shat all over my couch, where I sleep. I used the “Fluker organic cage cleaner” after wiping most of the mess away and then used hot water and dish soap. I sprayed febreze inliquid form all over to remove smell. I still smell it.
2. As you see she had diarrhea. This is slightly concerning because she’s never done this before. She recently got a new basking light with her uv light moved with it (dual repti zoo lamp) and her basking spot is around 95 F. She was really active during this time, running up and down the tank which signaled to me she wanted out. She was running around jumping everywhere so I left her run off and she did that. I know once is keep an eye but twice is action. What should I do? She’s been refusing greens most days and she loves greens. She really only wants crickets and supers. She’s not acting lethargic but had been before I upgraded her lamp for a better temp. Idk if she did this out of spite or what. She had leftover collard greens and bell pepper in the tank she ate while I was at work but didn’t eat when I gave her them the night prior. She at the supers just fine. She’s very alert and doesn’t seem sick.
They hide their illness very well - its a instinct predator thing -- the UVB your using is a ?? I am guessing its a coil? If its a coil please replace it w/ this https://www.reptilesupplyco.com/who...84-reptisun-terrarium-hood-t5-24-zoo-med.html this is for a 40+ gallon tank this also comes w/ a 5.0 bulb it is equivalent to a T 8 - you can use it for a back up but the distance would be different
You need this bulb
https://www.reptilesupplyco.com/t5-...00-uvb-t5-ho-fluorescent-bulb-22-zoo-med.html these are one of the best on the market now
Your basking temps are what? How are you taking them? NO stick ons they are inaccurate --
and this bulb

Julee1971

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
View attachment 23490View attachment 23491Hey so this is Athena. She’s approx two years old. She shat all over my couch, where I sleep. I used the “Fluker organic cage cleaner” after wiping most of the mess away and then used hot water and dish soap. I sprayed febreze inliquid form all over to remove smell. I still smell it.
1st of all remove the Sand ASAP. They ingest it and it destroys their digestive system. Use paper towels or smooth shelf liner from target or wallmart or order the padded sibstarte from ZenHabitats. But get that done ASAP. Your Beardie will TYou. Next find a really good reptile vet and do a stool sample nite around $48 he more than likely has Coccidia and it’s a nitemare to kill/clean to avoid this cage needs to be kept super clean wipe poop instantly and burn the cage and all furniture in boiling hot water if he has it u will need to throw out the hammock & buy another one after u kill it. But go get the stool test. Also; what was her basking temp before as adults it should be around 95-100, preferably 98-100. Whatever it was before get it back to that. They can’t and won’t eat or poop if temp is not right and they are not warm. The dual light is awful. U did well with the ZooMed basking bukb it should b 100watts for a 40 gallon tank and u need to order the Reptisun 10.0 T5 for the proper and recommend best UVB for Beardies. Order from amazon ASAP in the menaine u can buy the Reptisun T8 10.0 from petco or worssnaet then return it. It should cover 70 prcnt of the tank and run along the back starting on the hot side. Heat lamp more towards the front on the hot side. Your tank is dark they need light and bright to thrive and have energy. NO colored bulbs or coiled ones we’ve it burns their eye and pure dark at nite with no lights. Use a ceramic heat emitter for heat which emits no light only heat in the winter if temp drops below 70 at nite. GLuck get the sand removed ASAP and give him 3 baths a week so he can poop out all the sand he infested and get him to a vet for stool sample & order the Reptisun 10.0 T5.

Latest posts