• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Dexter not eating

Ausbd

Bearded Dragon Egg
My bearded dragon is not eating. He is 4.5 months old. Just last few days stopped eating. Not his normal self. Normally would jump at crix. Now just looking at them? Ate one or two today, that's it. Also not very active. Did notice a ball of what appeared to be crix remains that he spat back out?? Not eating the greens either. His enclosure temps appear to be correct. Can't see any shedding. Read that it may be impaction also.

What to do?

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
If it happened to have gorged itself on crickets & regurgitated them, then he may not feel well for a few days, while it is not good, it is normal for the circumstances.

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
BD's sometimes just don't feel like eating. Make sure he's hydrated and it looks like you've already got the temps spot on, which is about all you can do. If it continues past a few days to a week you may want to consider a vet visit, but he'll probably pick right back up in a few days.

Ausbd

Bearded Dragon Egg
Glad I'm on here for great advice.

Like you guys said. Dexter is eating again. Ate a few crickets today. I was relieved to be honest.
Gave him a bath today also. He has been more active also. I think he is still getting used to his enclosure as he was running back and forth at the back of enclosure looking for way out.

Thanks guys

Latest posts