• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Dex is stressing me out!

Dexter_Dragon

Bearded Dragon Veteran
So remind me again how much 12 month olds eat? Dex seems like he’s barely eating. He’s down to eating only his morning salad (leaves his afternoon untouched). He’ll now only wants to eat maybe 3-4 dubia a day and 2-3 super worms. Gahhh! Quite a drastic change from his past daily consumption. Thing is, aside from looking a little less hydrated than normal (I’ve been spraying him twice a day now and giving him some water via syringe to try and hydrate him more) he doesn’t look like he’s losing any weight and otherwise seems fine. Pooing every 2-3 days vs every day like he was. When he poos it looks like it always has. He’s seems as active as always and still runs around exploring. But I feel like he’s not eating enough. Is it just me being a nervous nellie? Should he be eating more?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
So remind me again how much 12 month olds eat? Dex seems like he’s barely eating. He’s down to eating only his morning salad (leaves his afternoon untouched). He’ll now only wants to eat maybe 3-4 dubia a day and 2-3 super worms. Gahhh! Quite a drastic change from his past daily consumption. Thing is, aside from looking a little less hydrated than normal (I’ve been spraying him twice a day now and giving him some water via syringe to try and hydrate him more) he doesn’t look like he’s losing any weight and otherwise seems fine. Pooing every 2-3 days vs every day like he was. When he poos it looks like it always has. He’s seems as active as always and still runs around exploring. But I feel like he’s not eating enough. Is it just me being a nervous nellie? Should he be eating more?
He's fine-- as they get older appetite will slow-- it's when they quit eating all together-- just keep offering his food and go from there-- if he's not losing weight that's good too

Bailey

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Keep checking his weight too and making sure he isn't dramatically losing any weight.

My guy isn't a big eater either, he sometimes eats his salads but most days he'll pass. Recently he hasn't been eating a lot of bugs either. Then again, he is five years old :/

Dexter_Dragon

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Thanks! He doesn't seem to be losing weight, but his intake has gone down drastically. Good news is I'm saving money on bugs. lol Ok, I'll keep my eye on him.