• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Desperate for help! Bearded dragon will NOT eat greens!

Skyler.rain

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello! Im so desperate for advice on what to do I'm becoming hopeless.
I have an adult bearded dragon (around a year and a half old) and he seriously will not eat his salads, I've tried everything. Something you should know, he is overweight, so on top of this I am also trying to get him back down to what he should be, and I don't know if this could be a factor in why he will not eat salads.
I feel like I've tried everything. I've tried:
-tough love not feeding live for weeks. I didn't feed him live food for 3 weeks and he touched his salad maybe 3 times, and when he did, he didn't eat very much at all. After that I tried feeding him just a few crickets (like 3-5) and then he went back to not touching his salad again.
-putting live food in his salad (he picks it out)
-making a salad dressing
-blending the salad
-hand feeding the salad
-hanging the salad from the top of the tank
-dipping salad in water then feeding
-feeding him something live and then putting the salad in his mouth (this works kind of but I don't know if I should be doing this everyday)

Please help! I don't know if I should keep not feeding him bugs at all in hopes that he eats salad (I don't know how long they can truly go without live food, I've seen so many different things when I search online) and then I'm scared that if I keep trying to do that when I finally go back to feeding him live, that he will stop again like last time I tried. I would keep shoving the food in his mouth when he eats live food, but I don't know if that is really good for him. I'm not sure what to do anymore and I can't really take him to a vet because of COVID/ don't really know if they will be able to help me.
(Also, normally, he gets fed crickets 1-2 times a week and only around 6 of them so he will hopefully eat his salad, but he still won't)

Thank you for reading this all through and for any advice you might have, I'm so desperate lol!

Silver dragons

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Hello, this could this be because of the enclosure could you post pictures of him and the enclosure? Also what type of greens are you trying to feed?

Latest posts