• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Delicious Decorations?

Mousie

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello everyone! I have been looking for a live plant that I can put in my dragons tank that would be okay if they snack on it. Can you guys give me some ideas? Here was what I was thinking so far: Pothos or a Sweet Potato Vine. Has anyone tried either of these? Please let me know your opinions and what you have in your enclosures!

P.S here is an example of what I would like to do:
95d0aa5d5f8422b0dddc1dead9e164db.jpg

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hello everyone! I have been looking for a live plant that I can put in my dragons tank that would be okay if they snack on it. Can you guys give me some ideas? Here was what I was thinking so far: Pothos or a Sweet Potato Vine. Has anyone tried either of these? Please let me know your opinions and what you have in your enclosures!

P.S here is an example of what I would like to do: View attachment 24626
Please check this website go to the bottom of the page there is a list there of plants etc
http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html

HoomanSlave

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Sweet potato vine is toxic and can cause heart/brain/kidney issues in dogs and cats, so I assume it's the same for beardies. Several varieties of pothos are toxic or very high in oxalates (especially silk and golden), I'm not sure which one you're using. I've tried using mint and basil in an enclosure before and they both worked well.

Mousie

Bearded Dragon Egg
Sweet potato vine is toxic and can cause heart/brain/kidney issues in dogs and cats, so I assume it's the same for beardies. Several varieties of pothos are toxic or very high in oxalates (especially silk and golden), I'm not sure which one you're using. I've tried using mint and basil in an enclosure before and they both worked well.
I haven't used anything yet! Thank goodness! Thats why I always ask first. I had no idea. I think I will try thr mint and basil! Thank you!

Broly

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I never knew sweet potatoes grew vines like that! It looks great, good job you didn’t use it though! x

Latest posts