• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Defecation

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
What or why is the white material that's at the beginning of a bowel movement?
Urate --- pee-- if this is dry and chalky looking your dragon is dehydrated -- it needs to be formed white and moist any extra fluid is good means hes hydrated

lauruven

Hatchling Dragon
Urate --- pee-- if this is dry and chalky looking your dragon is dehydrated -- it needs to be formed white and moist any extra fluid is good means hes hydrated
Oh it is definitely formed white & moist with I wouldn't say excessive extra fluid but ample. Good to know because my last beardie I got (that I took from a guy from home depot who didn't want him anymore) when I had to bring to vet when got sick a question on form was about urination & I was like I don't know I never saw any urine. Sadly Barry Beardalow my last one I had to euthanize for his sudden unknown illness which made him slightly neurological and cost of exploring why & cost of treatment if they found something was far too much then I could of afforded. I feel bad still cuz as a vet tech myself I would never of not explored every avenue to find out the why but I've been outta work awhile voluntarily. I'm looking to go back but would love if I found a exotics vet to work for but unfortunately not that many in ct & those that are aren't hiring.

Latest posts