• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

daryl won"t eat for me! Its been a week

jeansjeep

Bearded Dragon Egg
My male beardie Daryl has not eaten for a week now. He drinks when he has a tubby but he will not eat? Does anybody have any idea why?

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
What are you using for UVB and basking? Also, what are you feeding him? We went through a period when Dexter was smaller she wouldn't eat her crickets for over a week. We bought her smaller crickets and she ate like a pig!

jeansjeep

Bearded Dragon Egg
Thank you for responding to me. I have had him for about 3 months now. He has been eating fine for me up until about a week ago. He has his uvb and his basking light. I haven't changed any of that. He eats dubias,crickets and salads. I haven't changed the size of them or anything. The guy that sold him to me said he had to put him on a diet cause he was so big but he has wrinkles on him of loose skin and my fiancé and I both think the guy lied to us about his age. We were told he was 2 years old but he is so thin . I don't know what to do with him. I love him like hes a kid and I don't want to take him back where I got him from.

Qonundrum

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hey Jeans, I'm in the same boat as you. I got my dragon in Nov., hes about 7 months old now. He is in a big enclosure with a 10.0 UVB light and a basking light 105 for basking, ambient is around 82. Hes been fed well with vitamins and calcium. My guy hasnt eaten for about 2 weeks now or pooped! I am getting very concerned.
Somebody help us out please.
Q

Ozzie&Dino

Juvenile Dragon
Is he trying to sleep a lot? If so he is probably trying to go into Brumation. Have you had his stool checked at your vet since you have had him? When a beardie is moved to a new environment and or stressed that is usually when they have a parasite out break in which is why his stool should be checked by an exotic vet.

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
WelcomeToTheForums-1.jpg

Posting pics of your setup, along with as much info as you can about your setup & dragon, like age, accurate temps, type & Brand of UVB, Day\Night schedule, etc, etc, as much as you can, to give members a feel for the situation so they may offer more relevant advice\help.

BeardieBaby

Juvenile Dragon
I have had the issue where my beardie doesn't eat either, and it could be some type of parasite or illness, as previously stated before. As they become adults they don't need to eat as often, so if they don't eat for a few days it could be perfectly normal. You should definitely take him to the vet if it has been 2 weeks since he has had anything to eat. As long as your temps are fine and UVB tube is not too old, a vet visit could be helpful. Don't mean to repeat what others have said, just trying to give personal experience advice as well :)

Latest posts