• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Dark grey spots

BeardieLovet

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hey everyone! A while back I had posted a pic of my beastie with some funky grey patches on her beard. Many said they were shed spots and my worries were put to the side. Well since then these spots have not gone away, but they have not grown in size either. She’s very lethargic, not eating super great and I’ve been giving her water with an oral syringe. I have taken her to the vet, he said she has a stress induced infection. He gave her a baytril/b12 shot and said to wait a few days for it to kick in. It’s been 2 and so far not a whole lot of change. I’m hoping someone out there has had a similar experience and maybe can give me some advice. I should say, I am planning on returning to the vet next week with her if I see no improvement by Monday morning. I hope these pics are good enough for you guys to see.

Attachments

• EB3A8E88-9F68-4193-82F3-5F744C8E6D8A.jpeg
    EB3A8E88-9F68-4193-82F3-5F744C8E6D8A.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 9
  • C883FC4E-5B2F-442F-8207-EB1EE78EF223.jpeg
    C883FC4E-5B2F-442F-8207-EB1EE78EF223.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 11
  • 984CC06D-1BD1-4969-89D2-F05AC001BA85.jpeg
    984CC06D-1BD1-4969-89D2-F05AC001BA85.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 10

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hey everyone! A while back I had posted a pic of my beastie with some funky grey patches on her beard. Many said they were shed spots and my worries were put to the side. Well since then these spots have not gone away, but they have not grown in size either. She’s very lethargic, not eating super great and I’ve been giving her water with an oral syringe. I have taken her to the vet, he said she has a stress induced infection. He gave her a baytril/b12 shot and said to wait a few days for it to kick in. It’s been 2 and so far not a whole lot of change. I’m hoping someone out there has had a similar experience and maybe can give me some advice. I should say, I am planning on returning to the vet next week with her if I see no improvement by Monday morning. I hope these pics are good enough for you guys to see.
I got some one looking at her --- to me it looks like shed and shed can take a long time but let me see what the person I sent the pics to says

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I got some one looking at her --- to me it looks like shed and shed can take a long time but let me see what the person I sent the pics to says
This is what she said
Her lethargy may or may not be related to the beard spots. Are all her conditions good ] Is she of good weight and maybe trying to brumate ? You can try putting some Lamisil antifungal cream or even a little raw honey to see if it clears up those spots.
Are you using a good UVB like a long tube fixture? Good basking temps being taken w/ a digital probe thermometer?

BeardieLovet

Bearded Dragon Egg
Thank you! I need a little guidance with this. I like my vet and he didn’t seem super concerned but I am.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thank you! I need a little guidance with this. I like my vet and he didn’t seem super concerned but I am.
Get another opinion ---- www.arav.org
if you are in a small town type in a bigger cities zip code closest to you
try the remedies Lamisil antifungal cream or even a little raw honey and see what it does in the mean time look for a another vet --- please go over your UVB your using and the basking temps this is extremely important for their over all health and behavior --- we need to figure out why shes being lethargic and not eating -- most times it has alot to do w/ the UVB etc

BeardieLovet

Bearded Dragon Egg
I will definitely revisit the lighting. Although that hasn’t changed but maybe the uvb bulb needs changing out. I just did it 3 months ago but you never know. I will try the honey first since I have that in hand. Then I will move to lamisil next. Thank you! Monday morning I will find another vet.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I will definitely revisit the lighting. Although that hasn’t changed but maybe the uvb bulb needs changing out. I just did it 3 months ago but you never know. I will try the honey first since I have that in hand. Then I will move to lamisil next. Thank you! Monday morning I will find another vet.
Your uvb is what?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
ZooMed Reptisun 10.0 UVB. Sits about 8” from her basking spot. Her lights are out now since it is her bedtime. I can take a pic tomorrow if you would like.
Is it a coil? Or a long tube fixture?

BeardieLovet

Bearded Dragon Egg
Is it a coil? Or a long tube fixture?
It is a tube. I saw what your friend said too. Her weight is good (1.1#), her basking temp is about 105, cool side is about 75. I will double check that when her enclosure warms up again. Lights went on about 10 minutes ago. She has brumated in the past but everything happened at once ( spots appear, the lack of eating, lethargy) I just made the connection that it had to do with the spots. Maybe she is brumating?? That would be wonderful if she is. I’m going to put the lamisil on today. Honey was a mess and she seemed annoyed with it. I really appreciate all your help with this and the info from your friend!

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
It is a tube. I saw what your friend said too. Her weight is good (1.1#), her basking temp is about 105, cool side is about 75. I will double check that when her enclosure warms up again. Lights went on about 10 minutes ago. She has brumated in the past but everything happened at once ( spots appear, the lack of eating, lethargy) I just made the connection that it had to do with the spots. Maybe she is brumating?? That would be wonderful if she is. I’m going to put the lamisil on today. Honey was a mess and she seemed annoyed with it. I really appreciate all your help with this and the info from your friend!
What tube are you using brand and bulb? This can bring on brumation type behavior so we want to make sure it is brumation she is exhibiting-- how old is the UVB as well -- Tubes have different placement and distance requirements

BeardieLovet

Bearded Dragon Egg
What tube are you using brand and bulb? This can bring on brumation type behavior so we want to make sure it is brumation she is exhibiting-- how old is the UVB as well -- Tubes have different placement and distance requirements
It’s is a zoo med reptisun 10.0 24” tube. I just replaced the tube 3 months ago. It’s at the same distance from her it has always been. Nothing has changed that way. I put the lamisil on so we’ll see how that goes. Thanks again.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
It’s is a zoo med reptisun 10.0 24” tube. I just replaced the tube 3 months ago. It’s at the same distance from her it has always been. Nothing has changed that way. I put the lamisil on so we’ll see how that goes. Thanks again.
Ok so as long as the UVB is good and her basking temps then I would say its more than likely the weather - ok you may haft to try and go back to the honey -- you can mix it w/ a little water to make it more of a consistency try those and see if you get a response w/ them -- but please leave NO crickets in the tank if your feeding those -- they will go straight for that honey