• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Dare Devil Dex

Dexter_Dragon

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I had a scare yesterday morning when I went to give Dex his morning salad and bugs. As been the norm for the past week he was sitting with his front legs and nose pressed to the glass doors waiting. I have to open the other door and put his food in and as he starts eating I can open the door he waits at to check to make sure everything is good in his tank before closing both doors and letting him munch.

I don’t know what Dex was thinking, but as I was opening the second door he suddenly stopped eating, scooted to the already open door, and went up and over the lip of his tank and jumped 3 feet to the floor. Holy Cracker Crumbs! It was so quick! I tried to catch him, but just missed. He landed on his belly, feet already going. He was halfway to my dining room before I caught up to him.

I watched him like a hawk all day. He seems fine. He roamed as normal, acted normal, ate normally, pooed normally (all while totally ignoring my scolding’s, I might add). He doesn't have stress marks and is not limping or favoring any part of his body. He had no issues with me holding him and set his upper body onto my hand as usual when I went to get him out for his afternoon outing. At bed time he went to his usual sleeping spot and dug around in the hallow he's made like he usually does to sleep.

I plan on watching him like a hawk today, too. Stressed to the max right now I gotta say.

TinySmaugOfficial

Hatchling Dragon
He sounds fine. smaug is quite the daredevil as well. he jumps (not quite 3 feet but still) from my hand and will scurry off like the big lug he is. It’s quite cute and he always seems fine afterwards.

Dexter_Dragon

Bearded Dragon Veteran
He sounds fine. smaug is quite the daredevil as well. he jumps (not quite 3 feet but still) from my hand and will scurry off like the big lug he is. It’s quite cute and he always seems fine afterwards.
LOL, Glad to hear I'm not the only one with a dare devil and that Smaug seems fine every time he does it. Makes me feel better about Dex. Sheesh, gives you heart attacks when they do stuff like that! So far he still seems fine. Doesn't seem to have bothered him. Think he was a little perturbed that I didn't leave any doors open this morning. hahahaha

HoomanSlave

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
I'm glad Dex is okay! I've had some scares with my guinea pig sleeping so deeply he looked dead... pets seem to love giving their owners heart attacks! Maybe you should install a trampoline under his enclosure for the next time he tries to fly.

BeardieLover<3

Juvenile Dragon
Haha my baby does it too i left her on my bed and she roams around and crazy Sunny jumped off onto the carpet lol! It sure gave me a scare, but she's fine :)

Dexter_Dragon

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I'm glad Dex is okay! I've had some scares with my guinea pig sleeping so deeply he looked dead... pets seem to love giving their owners heart attacks! Maybe you should install a trampoline under his enclosure for the next time he tries to fly.
Sheesh, yup sleeping so deeply they look dead would get my heart rate up every time. lol I can picture it now, poke . . . poke . . . are you dead?

Hahahaha I'm thinking a trampoline would just encourage him to keep doing it once he hit and bounced. What he needs is a big safety net.

Dexter_Dragon

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Haha my baby does it too i left her on my bed and she roams around and crazy Sunny jumped off onto the carpet lol! It sure gave me a scare, but she's fine :)
lol Glad to hear your dare devil's fine. It's like they have no self-preservation. Geez. I mean I would stand at the edge of a cliff and think, "Yup, I'll go splat and it will hurt, so I'll pass."

Latest posts