• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Dangerous of Crickets and Cages?

Dubya11

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
So I'm wondering what are the dangerous of letting 10 crickets or so roam free in her cage until she eats them? I have had about 10 crickets living in T'Zars tank for about 1 1/2 - 2 weeks She has picked a few of them off but she doesn't seem to be too interested. What do cricket bites look like?

Pat B

Super Moderator
That sure is a good question. My beardie doesn't eat all his crickets at the same time either and they just hop around his viv and bother him. I end up taking them out and putting back in their 'holding pen'. Silly dragon....EAT YOUR DARN CRICKETS!! They cost enough and I hate to see them go to waste!!

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Bother their sleep by crawling around on them at night, can & will nibble on the BD if they are hungry enough, which can sometimes be alleviated if any left over greens are left in over night. It is the better plan to remove them at night, if nothing else to keep them from crawling around on the BD, not allowing it to have an undisturbed sleep. If the Crix are dehydrated, they seem to like the eye area to nibble on, because there is moisture there.

Pat B

Super Moderator
If the beardie doesn't eat all of the crickets in a reasonable amount of time, I take them out and put them back in their container. They creep me out when they crawl all over Spike.

Latest posts