• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

daily baths?

Sunkiss

Juvenile Dragon
Is it bad to give my beardie a bath every night? Right now she is shedding and I am just trying to help her with it....she has already shed the legs and tail, it is the body now and it seems a bit more resistant to coming off her, and she seems stressed. She seems to really calm down after a bath. Plus everytime I bathe her she poops and I didn't think they pooped every day. :oops:

ThDude

Bearded Dragon Veteran
See I have sorta the same question, mine is not shedding but it seems to like a bath every day.

I don't know about it though.

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
To me daily baths is excessive, it's not like they have a huge selection of puddles to soak in, in the wild. Like giving them a daily enema ;). Every other day or 2 when in shed, otherwise, weekly is lots, along with a daily misting or 2, when young, growing & shedding.

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
To me daily baths is excessive, it's not like they have a huge selection of puddles to soak in, in the wild. Like giving them a daily enema ;). Every other day or 2 when in shed, otherwise, weekly is lots, along with a daily misting or 2, when young, growing & shedding.
Literally... because they take in water through their vent, right? LOL!!!

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Well I did read that on this forum, I personally have no knowledge whether this is true or not.
Me too. Hmmm.... maybe I should do some research. It wouldn't actually hurt them to have a bath every day in shed, would it? If they're having a particularly difficult shed?

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
No, it most likely will not hurt them at all, particularly during a tough shed. If it is misted daily, just isn't necessary to soak that frequently in a normal situation.

richard

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
in my opinion, daily baths for shedding dragons can be done for severe cases where retained or "double shed" is an issue. the problem is that as the old skin separates, its turns "squishy" (wet) thens dries, shrinks and separates from the new skin. if your give daily baths, you can run into a problem where the skin isn't allowed to dry and bacteria can start to grow between the layers. just be alert and careful. these guys can be a handful and darn confusing at times but they get easier to read the longer you are with them. hope i helped!

Latest posts