• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Custom enclosure.

Sugerbea444

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello, how is everyone today
I am new to the site.
I have a 1 year old citrus leather back bearded dragon, his name is Monster Mash, and before him I had his brother who was disabled and stunted due to an infection in the egg sack, he would have been 3 years old, but passed away at a year and a half. He was my first bearded dragon, and the reason for my love for bearded dragons. I am in the process of building a new enclosure for Monster Mash, I am using plywood, and am trying to get some advice on what type of waterproof sealant that is safe to use on the inside of the enclosure.

Attachments

• 20220811_152353.jpg
    20220811_152353.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot_20230120-175114_One UI Home.jpg
    Screenshot_20230120-175114_One UI Home.jpg
    669.9 KB · Views: 8
  • 20221216_115835.jpg
    20221216_115835.jpg
    684.1 KB · Views: 8

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hello, how is everyone today
I am new to the site.
I have a 1 year old citrus leather back bearded dragon, his name is Monster Mash, and before him I had his brother who was disabled and stunted due to an infection in the egg sack, he would have been 3 years old, but passed away at a year and a half. He was my first bearded dragon, and the reason for my love for bearded dragons. I am in the process of building a new enclosure for Monster Mash, I am using plywood, and am trying to get some advice on what type of waterproof sealant that is safe to use on the inside of the enclosure.
I can get you some help on this --

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I can get you some help on this --
I heard back heres the response
I would just seal it with a few coats of polyurethane. Be sure to let it completely dry and offgas (usually a few days after the last coat) before using it.
Latex paint would work too if they want some color rather than a plain wood finish.

Sugerbea444

Bearded Dragon Egg
I heard back heres the response
I would just seal it with a few coats of polyurethane. Be sure to let it completely dry and offgas (usually a few days after the last coat) before using it.
Latex paint would work too if they want some color rather than a plain wood finish.
Ok thank you