• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

crix

Nght_RideA

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
so i buy my crix in this lil square container item but holy crap its hard to catch them so i can dust them !! anyone have some sneaky tips on how to catch them and make my life 100 times easier !? takes me forever in the morning to catch them, feed the lil item, catch any left overs and get ready for work :p

BigDaddyDragon

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I have a cricket keeper, and next to that is a Tupperware with calcium and a lid. I dump them in the Tupperware, shake it up, and Viola! You should put something in there for the crickets to hide on, that way, you can pick it up and shake them off.

Nght_RideA

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
it does come with egg box inside it were they hide out of reach from me :p sneaky lil buggers hahahaha

corrine

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
try replacing the egg crate with a toilet paper tube they will hide in it and then u just pick them up and shke them into a dusting container/sandwich bag. That's how I catch my roaches

BigDaddyDragon

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
If you do the toilet paper tube, put a piece of parchment paper on one side and rubber band it on, that way the crix won't run out of the other side. You can pick up the open end and put your hand over it, then you don't have any escapees. ;D

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I would fold the end of my TB tubes to keep them from running out the other side, never thought to put paper over it.

corrine

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
staylor said:
I would fold the end of my TB tubes to keep them from running out the other side, never thought to put paper over it.

Lol me too. the paper and rubberband is a great idea

BigDaddyDragon

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
You'll laugh when you hear where I got it. My baby brother used to love watching my crickets. They were his "friends". So when he saw me using the toilet paper roll, he told me I made it wrong and that they couldn't see right that way. Apparantly he saw something on Barney on how to make a kaleidoscope out of a toilet paper tube. He showed me, and I haven't gone back since. ;D

Gotta love little minds, they work on a completely different wavelength, but it's awesome.
:D

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
BigDaddyDragon said:
You'll laugh when you hear where I got it. My baby brother used to love watching my crickets. They were his "friends". So when he saw me using the toilet paper roll, he told me I made it wrong and that they couldn't see right that way. Apparantly he saw something on Barney on how to make a kaleidoscope out of a toilet paper tube. He showed me, and I haven't gone back since. ;D

Gotta love little minds, they work on a completely different wavelength, but it's awesome.
:D

I have been MIA so just seeing this...that is great that your brother showed you. Kids are amazing at the things they figure out.

Latest posts