• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Critter carpet or?

MadamDragon

Bearded Dragon Egg
I'm trying to see what people on here like to use best for their beardies enclosure ground. At the moment I have carpet but I would like to get her something else.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I use tiles as my main then on the sleeping areas I have reptile carpet.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I switch between repticarpet and non adhesive shelf liner.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
That's a good idea... have you found the tile to help at all with their nails?
I think to some degree the tiles do help, but I also trim my bd's nails myself when they are asleep.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Wow, so they're heavy sleepers. Good to know!
Oh yes! They sleep HARD it's pretty funny actually. My 1 year old Izzy she sleeps so hard I'll remove her from her little blanket she sleeps on while on my lap during the evening walk into the kitchen weigh her and take her to her tank and put her under her half log..Rarely does she wake during this process and if she does it's when I put her on the scale (it's glass so maybe chilly) she'll look at me for a sec then back asleep. My Simon who's almost 5 months he will open his eyes but doesn't move around when I move him at night..

I just put them on a towel then put one over their body and expose a leg at a time. Sometimes they will pull the leg back but for the most part it makes for easy trimming..

Elders

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Can't agree more; Odins dead to the world when hes gone to sleep....arms and legs hanging down when I move him off his wall at night.....i put him down and have to sort out his arms and legs because they go all over the place...

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Can't agree more; Odins dead to the world when hes gone to sleep....arms and legs hanging down when I move him off his wall at night.....i put him down and have to sort out his arms and legs because they go all over the place...
lol that's awesome about the legs mine are like that too lol

jeb

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
That is so funny! It's also good to know. I bet there are people who think their dragon is having some health emergency of they don't know that beforehand.

Latest posts