• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Crickets

Vauno

Hatchling Dragon
Hey

For some reason my beardie doesn't seen to like the crickets I dust them then put them in cage but when to clean and there was about 20 in one of his hides,

What or why would he not eat them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vauno

Hatchling Dragon
He will eat mealworms by no cricks or brag really

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Crickets will generally go to the nearest dark spot they can find to get out of the light because they are nocturnal, so your BD has no chance to catch them all, if you are having a problem with them hiding, remove the dark hiding spots ;) .

Vauno

Hatchling Dragon
Aleena he is 5/6 months

Germ tried that mate

slices mommy

Juvenile Dragon
He's smarter than you think. If he doesn't eat his crickets do you just give him worms? Think of it as a child that doesn't have to eat his dinner but get's dessert anyway. Mine only get's 5 a day and that's after he's ate his crickets. As for them getting away and hiding some might say to take him out and put him in a different container with some cricket's. I tried that and mine freaked out. I usually grab the cricket with the tweezers and give them a squeeze. They still have a little twitch to them that catch his attention. I'm not saying starve him but i'd hold out on the worms a little. He will eat the cricket's if their his only option. ;)

Vauno

Hatchling Dragon
Ok thanks I'll try that, and yer only giving a few worms a day, maybe 6 or 7

Latest posts