• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Crickets Traumatic?

owen

Bearded Dragon Egg
i have a bearded dragon, he's still 20 cm (8 inches) length .
2 days ago he threw up some crickets, i think he ate an oversized crickets. so he vomited it.
and now he wont eat any crickets, he is more interested in mealworms now. in indonesia,its almost impossible to find a phoenixworm / feeder locust (i can find some in the garden but im aware of the pesticide) /anything... i just got crickets,mealworms,superworms (which is too big for him to eat) and madagascar hissing cockroaches.
i had offered him veggies but he just ate a little.
what should i do?
should i stop giving him food for a while and then offer him crickets again?
is it okay if i use mealworms for a while instead of crickets? i had read the mealie bashed challenge but mealworms contain more fat and less calcium than crickets. should i calcium dust the mealworms? thanks.

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
After regurgitating their food, BDs won't feel so good, which will affect their appetite. Keep an eye on it for a few more days & on the size of the feeders you are feeding.

Please post pics of your setup, showing your lighting & UVB, along with accurate temp measurements, feeding schedule etc, to give us an idea of the situation, in case there may be other issues.

Good Luck

Latest posts