• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Cricket water gel worms

Cari

Bearded Dragon Egg
Help please: There are some worms crawling around in my cricket water gel. Is it larvae from the crickets or do I need to clean that out immediately?

KrissyLeigh

Juvenile Dragon
Can you take a picture? I'd say probably fruit fly larvae- harmless but gross. Crickets are pretty sensitive in that they die easily so I would clean it out either way

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I would replace it with fresh as you don't know what they are.. I store my extra gel in the fridge when I make sum up.

Cari

Bearded Dragon Egg
Can you take a picture? I'd say probably fruit fly larvae- harmless but gross. Crickets are pretty sensitive in that they die easily so I would clean it out either way
Sorry for the late response. I did some research, you're probably right. I cleaned it out later that day.