• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Cricket Virus Finally Reached the US

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Candice.....
they say this is in several suppliers stocks. So i'm curious...........
What is it that people should look for?

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Basically from everything I've found, it usually hits crickets at the last stage in their life (When they grow wings). Once they hit that stage it's just massive die offs with little to no other signs. Like how people get a couple die offs now and then but on a much larger scale. Even when conditions in their bins/enclosures are ideal the virus still gets the best of the crickets.

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Unfortunately this is as much as I know. I don't keep crickets anymore so I'm not as up to date as I used to be. I've mainly been looking for my forum members and the members here.

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
sounds like we read the same article (spineless times). It wiped out commercial crickets of the brown cricket in 2008 in Europe is what i was reading and has the potential to do the same here.
they claim the virus may be in the parvovirus family.
Can you locate instructions on cleaning cricket habitats after disposal or use so that members don't see reoccuring problems that may be by their own practice. So far, i have yet to see any.

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I can try to locate the cleaning procedures but if I can't I will call up Courtland at coldbloods and ask what he's been doing

Latest posts