• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Cricket Order need help

Osogood

Bearded Dragon Egg
Ive been looking all night to find a place that has live crickets to ship and havent found any near massachusetts. all the shipping prices seem to be expensive except i saw one for 13.81 for 250 crickets which isnt bad but i was wondering if anyone knows of a place that is close to massachusetts? or in mass would be better haha thanks!

Osogood

Bearded Dragon Egg
also i have 2 baby bearded dragons and there about 3 months old i was going to order 1/4 crickets any advice on that would be greatly appreciated as well!

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Welcome2g.jpg

Can't help you on the cricket locating because I live in a different country, but 1/4" cricket for 3 month old sounds rather small to me, but really depends on the size of your BDs over the age. But I would think that if your age is correct that they would have no problems at all with 1/2".

You mentioned that you have 2 BDs, are you housing them together? If so, please read over & seriously consider the link below on cohabitation.

A few good links to help get you started ...

Basic BD Care Sheet - A Place To Start

Bearded Dragon --- Exclusive Care Info Library

Beautiful Dragons Nutrition Chart

Is Bearded Dragon Co-habitation a good plan?

How To Sex A Bearded Dragon

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Welcome to BDF! Sorry, don't buy my crickets online. That's pretty much a standard shipping rate for crickets though from the research I've done, and some places go higher. Don't know of any in Mass., but my local pet store orders them in by the box for me, you may find that more cost effective if you can find a store that will do it for you.

Mungi's Buddha

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Welcome to the BDF Community:D Just want to throw out another suggestion and that would be you check your local Craigslist listings under Pets. I know that in our area most of the Reptile People use Craigslist more than any other advertising place. It's a good place to find other enthusiast in your area and you may be able to find someone local that breeds crickets or roaches or perhaps get a line on a good source to get them. If you see a local breeder give them a call and ask where they get their feeders for example.
Enjoy:D

Osogood

Bearded Dragon Egg
Thanks everyone and i will deffinately check craigslist never thought of that :D in the meantime went to petsmart and got 50 baby crickets haha each beardie ate like 10 tday already lol also random question - if theres a piece of skin on their back about to shed, should i help them or just let it be and let it happen?

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Sounds wonderful that they are eating well. You will find that their appetite will increase drastically as they become more accustomed to their new home. Pics, we love Pics, show us your new additions to your family & their new homes :D.

Chris Baez Jr.

Juvenile Dragon
Ive been looking all night to find a place that has live crickets to ship and havent found any near massachusetts. all the shipping prices seem to be expensive except i saw one for 13.81 for 250 crickets which isnt bad but i was wondering if anyone knows of a place that is close to massachusetts? or in mass would be better haha thanks!

This is where I get mine from. It comes out to $15.00 and change, that's including the 250 crickets. The good thing is, you can keep the crickets in the shipping box. You can feed the crickets and throw in some water cubes or pieces of potatoes for hydration. They have last me about three weeks in that box. Of course, with the BDs eating more as they grow, your best value is to buy more.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/22100710909...eName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

Check them out.

Mungi's Buddha

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
... lol also random question - if theres a piece of skin on their back about to shed, should i help them or just let it be and let it happen?

As to your question about the shed you should let it come off on it's own and it will...you can give your dragon a warm 15-20 minute soak in the tub which will help greatly. I never mess with sheds unless it is on toes or tails or spikes where they are being particularly stubborn and obviously posing a danger to cutting of blood supply to the appendage which could lead to the creature losing it. This would be a rare instance and a last resort thing as most of the time a well nourished, well hydrated and healthy reptile will not have issues with a shed...just give it time to shed and it will and try the warm soak:D

Chris Baez Jr.

Juvenile Dragon
You can also get them from 'Premium Crickets', they charge a little more, but it sure beats the price at your local pet store. At my local PetCo, they charge .13 each cricket plus tax.

Osogood

Bearded Dragon Egg
I added the pic of my tank as my avatar haha i didnt know where else to add it. Let me know what you think 4 feet by 2 i think 18 inches high i made it :p one beardie on the rock other one up top ( I know they may not get along) Also let me know what you think about the uvb bulb in the back (not sure if i should move it above the tank considering it might be to bright for their eyes) but so far its been a smooth road
not the greatest picture* may have to go to my profile to see the full thing the avatar cuts off a lil bit.
..another edit sorry. my dragons are both about 5 inches long. i believe 2 months so 1/4 would be correct?

Osogood

Bearded Dragon Egg
This is where I get mine from. It comes out to $15.00 and change, that's including the 250 crickets. The good thing is, you can keep the crickets in the shipping box. You can feed the crickets and throw in some water cubes or pieces of potatoes for hydration. They have last me about three weeks in that box. Of course, with the BDs eating more as they grow, your best value is to buy more.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/22100710909...eName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

Check them out.
How much was shipping? cheap for 250!

Chris Baez Jr.

Juvenile Dragon

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I added the pic of my tank as my avatar haha i didnt know where else to add it.
You can post pics in any of the sections that are relevant. If you want to get thoughts on the enclosure & lighting post them in the enclosures section. If just wanting to show off your BDs, post them in the Photos & Videos section.

How To Post Pictures & YouTube Video Tutorials

I can not stress enough how dangerous cohabitation is. You have already been provided with info, that shows the terrible results. Knowing that they may not get along does no good. When you find out that they don't, may be much too late. They should be separated, like yesterday. You are putting them in a position to be maimed, amputations or worse.

Latest posts